Sunday, October 23, 2016

Meet a Dancer: Amy Mastrangelo

In preparation for Luminarium's 2016 feature production PORTAL: Stories from the Edge, Luminarium's Publicity Intern, Lillian Gaylord, has interviewed each of the performers to better introduce them to you—our followers. Enjoy getting to know Amy Mastrangelo, then come see her perform at the show: November 11 & 12 at the Boston University Dance Theater. Grab your tickets here!

Amy Mastrangelo

Company Member since 2011



LG: You're one of the most senior members of the company. What's your relationship with the other dancers?

AM: As I have been for the last five years, I'm grateful to be a part of Luminarium. I value so much the opportunity to learn and grow as a dancer alongside my fellow company members. Gabby and Nikki have a contagious energy and enthusiasm whenever they move. Alison, Katharina, and Dream have such a refined balance of strength and grace. Melenie and Katie have a joy so visible in their movement, it reminds me why I love to dance just by watching them. I feel like every member of the company brings something unique to our group, which makes for a collection of eclectic and diverse movers. I love being with these people, I love dancing with these people, and above all, I love performing with these people. It's an incredible gift, when you're able to do what you love alongside people that you love.

Amy does creative partnering with some of Luminarium's youngest viewers at Summer in the City 2016. 

LG: You studied dance at Boston University; how does it feel to perform at your alma mater?

AM: Performing at the BU Dance Theater is like coming home for me. I spent hours, semesters, years, of my life in this space, and it is truly an emotional experience to be back within its walls. I'm the dancer I am today because of the classes I took, the pieces I performed, the work I created, and of course, the incredible people I moved with in this theater. I'm so excited and again, grateful, to be in a physical space that is so important to me, and to share it with my Luminarium family.

Amy Mastrangelo, performing the lead role in The Hostess Diaries at its July 2016 debut at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury, MA. Come see the piece onstage in PORTAL, November 11 & 12.




PORTAL: STORIES FROM THE EDGE
NOVEMBER 11 & 12 . 8PM
Boston University Dance Theater
Boston MA

No comments:

Post a Comment